Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Breathe

My first sponsor ever in my life as an athlete was a Yoga place and I am really grateful for that because I learned a lot from them, yet a lot of stuff that I learned on that time I am only able to put together now that I feel that I am in complete (or close to) harmony.
Today during my run today I had a click in my brain! Lately I have been studying new things like the power of positive energy and body mind relationship. For example, on the movie Thrive they talk a lot about free energy and the energy around us. I also watched for again What the Bleep do We Know and that is opening my mind. One experience I had that helped me with this click was the water machine at HHI, this machine captures the atmosphere water, so basically we can have free water from the atmosphere, pretty amazing machine.
So, O2 is our primary source of energy, to realize that is simple we can spend days with out water, right? we can spend days with out food, right? But how long can you spend without O2? A few minutes at the most....
During exercise we usually are not aware that we are breathing we are to concentrated in the music, pace, what time I need the gel etc etc... and we usually forget to breath, or hold our breath too long without even noticing!
When we are a newborn we use a complete breathing cycle and with time our breathing becomes shorter using only the top part of our lungs. In yoga I learned that we can separate the breathing cycle in three: Top (10% of the capability), medium (30% of capability) and lower (60% of capability). Often during exercise we only use the top part because we are not aware.
Today when my run started to get harder, my first thought was breath! I started to do deeper breaths and the result was amazing! I started to run faster with a lower heart rate. Of course I did not have music on, this way is easier to be aware of what you are doing and it is easier to concentrate.
Usually the first thing I say when I coach (specially swim) is breath! Most people get anxious and shorter their breath, specially in the water! So next time you exercise focus on your breathing!!!
Feel Good and Go RAW!!!
RW 

4 comments:

  1. Expressively composed and well thoroughly considered.
    olympic triathlon training

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also click here

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. click here

    ReplyDelete
  4. The construction and angle of turn of longboards make them better for cruising and coasting long distances than skateboards. click here now

    ReplyDelete